With over eighty years of combined in-house experience and a network of reliable professionals, Midwest MEP, Inc. is well-equipped to handle your every mechanical services need, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Each of our technicians have been hired based upon their high level of knowledge in a specific area of expertise; they have a proven track record of reliability in completing projects on time and on budget.
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Process Systems Engineering
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Automation and control systems
- System Design and Installation
Technologically Advanced Mechanical Services
Midwest MEP uses state of the art 3-D drafting software to improve the quality of work we provide and overall productivity of our HVAC business. Prior to 1999 we were drawing HVAC systems in 2-D with Auto CAD. Utilizing 3-D modeling features like auto sections, information blocks, design specs and uniform information libraries we reduced our drafting time and increased the accuracy and quality of our drawings. Changes and revisions also were easier and faster to incorporate into projects.
Auto Desk MEP software is utilized to create permit and engineering drawings. MAP’s CAD Duct software is then utilized in the direct computerized down loading of our ductwork drawings to our sheet metal shop for fabrication. MAP’s CAD Mech software is utilized to create pipe spool drawings that are used to build piping systems “off site” in our pipe “fab” shop. It is then used to create rod, hanger, insert and sleeve locations in a 3-D graphic model. The model is downloaded to a laser based location device (Trimble Total Station) for actual layout of the information at the job site by the field crew. This eliminates inaccuracies caused by field measuring and cuts down layout time which helps the concrete pour schedule. Navisworks is then used for coordination and collision detection.
Midwest MEP, Inc. has completed projects for facilities you are likely familiar with. Examples of 3-D BIM projects that we have completed include:
• Winfield, Illinois; Central DuPage Hospital
• Joliet, Illinois; Provena St. Joseph Medical Center
• Naperville, Illinois; Edward Hospital
• Chicago, Illinois; Apple Retail Store (North Ave.)
• Chicago, Illinois; 2111 West Roosevelt FBI Chicago Office
• Chicago, Illinois; CTA Kedzie/Van Buren RTU Replacement
• Chicago, Illinois; 505 North State
• Willow Springs, Illinois; Cook County Little Red Schoolhouse Nature Center
• Chicago, Illinois; Water Tower Place Tower Replacement
• Chicago, Illinois; 110 North Wacker Chiller Replacement